Man, 50, kills himself in front of officer
David Gardner reportedly left a suicide note and had a warrant issued for his arrest
By PoliceOne Staff
COSTA MESA, Calif. — A man shot and killed himself in front of a police officer on Monday.
Police were questioning David Gardner of Southern California during a routine vehicle check when he abruptly jumped into his car and shot himself with a handgun, according to the The Orange County Register.
According to court records, an arrest warrant was issued for Gardner in connection to a charge of providing false evidence of vehicle registration to a police officer in February, and authorities had been looking for him since May.
Gardner had reportedly left a note threatening to shoot himself in the park.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman