Driver charged for ramming truck into police station
Kevin Vary, 51, used his pickup to break through the station's glass doors
By PoliceOne Staff
NORWICH, Conn. — A Norwich man was charged for driving a full-size pickup truck into the front doors of a police station.
Fifty-one-year-old Kevin Vary intentionally rammed his vehicle into the front doors of the Norwich police headquarters Sunday, according to NBC Connecticut. The Chevrolet truck broke through the station's glass doors and caused extensive damage, police said.
It was not clear what led Vary to drive into the police station, but an investigation determined that the crash was an intentional act.
Vary was charged with reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and reckless driving.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house