Police cruisers to serve as NASCAR pace cars
NASCAR drivers will chase Ford patrol cars at an upcoming race
By PoliceOne Staff
A few built-for-law-enforcement Fords will serve as pace cars for the auto company’s Championship Weekend NASCAR races.
Rolled out last year, the vehicles are designed to handle the duties of police work, and they not only boast sophisticated handling and potential for 148 mph speeds, but they look nice, too.
Fords have been used as pace cars in NASCAR before, but this is the first time in many years that their ‘civilian’ models were passed up for patrol cars.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman