Police cruisers to serve as NASCAR pace cars
NASCAR drivers will chase Ford patrol cars at an upcoming race
By PoliceOne Staff
A few built-for-law-enforcement Fords will serve as pace cars for the auto company’s Championship Weekend NASCAR races.
Rolled out last year, the vehicles are designed to handle the duties of police work, and they not only boast sophisticated handling and potential for 148 mph speeds, but they look nice, too.
Fords have been used as pace cars in NASCAR before, but this is the first time in many years that their ‘civilian’ models were passed up for patrol cars.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests