Off-duty officer gets prison for DUI crash that injured 3
Judge: Good police officer, but decision to drive drunk required jail
By Joseph A. Slobodzian
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — An off-duty Philadelphia police officer - who pleaded guilty to driving drunk and injuring two state troopers and a tow-truck driver when he crashed into their stopped vehicles on the shoulder of I-95 - was sentenced Wednesday to 111/2 to 23 months in prison.
Matthew Sharkey, 25, turned and apologized to Troopers Matthew Sheeran and Michael Sadowski and tow-truck driver Will Kane.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy