Ky. deputy killed in 3-car crash
Deputy James Thacker, 53, died after an accident along a state highway
Duty Death: James I. Thacker - [Pike County, Kentucky]
By PoliceOne Staff
PIKE COUNTY, Ky. — A Pike County Sheriff's deputy died in a three-car accident Monday, police said.
Deputy James Thacker, 53, was involved in the accident on a state highway near the Blecher community, Lex18.com reported. According to the Officer Down Memorial Page, Thacker was returning to Elkhorn City from Pikeville at the end of his shift.
"Our condolences go out to all the deputies here in Pike County and to the Sheriff, and Kentucky State Police will do whatever we can to assist the Sheriff's Department and help them through this time," KSP trooper Shaun Little said.
It is unclear if anyone in the other two vehicles was injured.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help