Police: Va. cop stabbed 2 firefighters at crash scene
Bradley Colas, 23, was charged with two counts of malicious wounding of an emergency medical care provider
By PoliceOne Staff
HALLWOOD, Va. — A police officer in Virginia Beach faces charges of stabbing two firefighters at the scene of a car wreck Sunday morning.
Bradley Colas, 23, was charged with two counts of malicious wounding of an emergency medical care provider after crashing his Honda into a tree, according to The Associated Press.
Reports say the two firefighters were stabbed as they treated his injuries at the scene. Colas also drew a firearm and began shooting at responders, according to state police.
Troopers detained Colas at the scene when he tried to walk away. He was transported for observation to a hospital where he is in custody.
The firefighters' injuries were not life-threatening. It is unclear if the officer was driving his personal vehicle or if he was on duty.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds