Okla. cop killed when 2 patrol cars collide
Both were travelling westbound responding to a call for backup
Duty Death: Brian Hayden - [Chocktaw County, Oklahoma]
By PoliceOne Staff
CHOCTAW COUNTY, Okla. — A deputy was killed and a tribal police officer injured when two patrol cars collided Thursday night, authorities said.
Chocktaw County Deputy Brian Hayden, 47, died when the tribal police officer’s pickup struck his car head-on, according to News OK.
Both vehicles were travelling westbound responding to a call for backup. Police said Hayden was making a left turn in his pickup onto a county road when the tribal officer's car hit the driver side door.
Josiah Moore, 29, is in stable condition at a medical center in Plano, Texas.
Both officers were wearing seat belts.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic