Hit-and-run driver strikes Colo. officer
Officer and another driver pulled over for a traffic stop were both struck
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — A police officer and a motorist are hospitalized with serious injuries after they were struck by a hit-and-run driver in the Denver suburb of Englewood.
Police say the officer had pulled over the driver for a traffic violation a shortly after midnight Monday and both were standing outside the patrol car when they were struck by the SUV.
Police say the SUV drove off but other officers found the driver several miles away.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Hit-and-run driver strikes Colo. officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms