Hit-and-run driver strikes Colo. officer
Officer and another driver pulled over for a traffic stop were both struck
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — A police officer and a motorist are hospitalized with serious injuries after they were struck by a hit-and-run driver in the Denver suburb of Englewood.
Police say the officer had pulled over the driver for a traffic violation a shortly after midnight Monday and both were standing outside the patrol car when they were struck by the SUV.
Police say the SUV drove off but other officers found the driver several miles away.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Hit-and-run driver strikes Colo. officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic