Vegas police chase car with dead driver inside
Las Vegas police said the vehicle appeared to be driving itself
LAS VEGAS — Las Vegas police chasing a car that appeared to be driving itself say they found a man shot dead inside.
An officer says he saw the Nissan Maxima run a red light about 6 p.m. Sunday near Martin Luther King and Lake Mead boulevards, but it didn't look like anyone was in the driver's seat.
Authorities say the vehicle jumped a median and veered into a landscaped area near a church before it turned back into oncoming traffic and hit another vehicle.
Officers found a man with multiple gunshot wounds slouched in the seat. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police tell the Las Vegas Review-Journal the man apparently had his foot on the accelerator after he was shot. Detectives are looking for who's responsible for the killing.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help