Video: NY teen is arrested, kicks out patrol car window
As girl, 18, was being led out of the house in handcuffs, she began shouting
Talk of the Sound
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. — New Rochelle police have filed multiple criminal charges against Siarah Sutton, 18, after she kicked out the window of a New Rochelle Police patrol car. Sutton had been taken into custody last Wednesday at her home in the Halcyon Park neighborhood of New Rochelle following reports of a burglary at the two-family house on Howard Parkway.
Police received a report of a burglary at a residence on Howard Parkway in New Rochelle, NY shortly before 8 p.m. on August 15th. A resident at that location told police that a television set and a Playstation gaming console was missing from the room of an 11-year old girl residing in the house.
A confrontation took place inside the home between the police and Siarah Sutton at which point Sutton was taken into custody. As Sutton was being led out of the house in handcuffs she began pleading with officers, shouting "I didn't do anything wrong" and "I'm not crazy".
Full Story: NY teen kicks out police car window
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house