Benz owner says NYPD employee took it for joyride while he was jailed
A fraud suspect whose convertible was seized says whoever took it from the impound lot got a traffic ticket
By Jamie Schram
The New York Post
NEW YORK — While a fraud suspect whose Mercedes convertible was seized by cops rotted in a jail cell, an NYPD employee jumped behind the wheel of the sexy sports car and took it on a wild joy ride around Manhattan.
Rashad Lewis, 25, claims that whoever busted his car out of a police impound lot in Queens added insult to injury by not only racking up a $50 ticket for flying through a red light but also left the $50,000 car a lot worse for wear.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman