SUV crashes into Mass. police department entrance
The fire department responded to the scene and used a Jaws of Life extrication tool to remove the driver from the vehicle
HOLYOKE — A sport utility vehicle crashed into the front entrance way of the Holyoke Police Department at 138 Appleton St. at about 10:30 Saturday night, Holyoke police said.
The vehicle, a green 1997 GMC Jimmy, lay on its side following the accident. According to police, the Holyoke Fire Department responded to the scene and used a Jaws of Life extrication tool to remove the driver from the vehicle.
The driver, whose identity was not immediately released, was taken to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, police said.
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert