New vehicle to enhance Ill. police patrols
The department’s Polaris Ranger all-terrain vehicle will be able to go many places traditional squad cars can’t
By Dan Petrella
The State Journal- Register
CHATHAM, Ill. — The Chatham Police Department’s latest acquisition will make it easier for officers to patrol bike trails, community festivals, Glenwood High School football games and other events.
The department’s Polaris Ranger all-terrain vehicle will be able to go many places traditional squad cars can’t, said officer Scott Williams, who spearheaded the effort to purchase the vehicle.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: New vehicle to enhance Ill. police patrols
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court