Md. officer dies after apparent suicide inside cruiser
Officer Brian Johnson apparently shot himself while driving in his marked cruiser
BLADENSBURG, Md. — A Bladensburg police officer involved in a vehicle crash in Anne Arundel County on Saturday took his own life, authorities say.
The officer, Brian Johnson, a nine-year veteran of the force, was driving eastbound on Route 100 at about 9 a.m. when he went into oncoming traffic and hit another vehicle. Johnson was taken to a local hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
He was off-duty at the time of the incident.
The medical examiner ruled that Johnson shot himself.
The driver of the other vehicle was treated and released at the scene of the crash.
Reprinted with permission from WJLA
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police