Video: Cruiser crashes, gets stuck up pole
The officer was making a turn when he lost control of the cruiser and drove up the pole
By PoliceOne Staff
MEMPHIS — An officer lost control of his vehicle Tuesday while turning and crashed into a utility pole.
Investigators say the officer was making a turn and do not know how the mishap occurred, according to News Net 5.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident, and the officer was not hurt. He was cited for failure to control and for hitting a fixed object, according to the article.
“I can certainly say that it was a little shocking to me to see one of my squad cars half way up a pole,” said Memphis Police Director Toney Armstrong told WREG.com.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman