Video: Dashcam captures girl being struck by patrol car
Girl only suffered minor scratches and bruises
By PoliceOne Staff
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Recently-released dash-cam video shows a young girl darting out into the street from between two parked cars and being struck by a passing patrol car.
The girl, who had been playing in a neighborhood yard on Thursday, June 13, “decided to run across the street to get some water,” according to one report.
She was then struck by the passing patrolman, who did not have time to react. The officer was not cited.
Shortly after impact the she reportedly asked if she could continue playing, but instead was taken to a local hospital where she was “treated for several scratches and bruises.”
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend