Zimmerman saves 4 from car accident
George Zimmerman stepped out of seclusion to rescue a family of 4 after they crashed in his town
By Vivian Kuo
SANFORD, Fla. — Four days after he was acquitted of murder, George Zimmerman stepped out of seclusion to help a family get out of an overturned vehicle in Florida, authorities said.
Zimmerman and another man helped four people get out of an SUV that had overturned Wednesday evening in Sanford.
Authorities were called after the SUV went off the road and rolled over in the area of Interstate 4 and State Road 46. By the time a deputy arrived, Zimmerman and another man already had helped the two adults and two children out of the vehicle.
Full Story: Zimmerman helps family out of overturned SUV
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy