Man stranded at police station steals ambulance
The man told police he would walk home from the station, police later found the ambulance at his home
By Josh Frigerio
CHANDLER, Ariz. — A Guadalupe man walked out of an Arizona police station Sunday morning and allegedly decided to steal an ambulance and drive home.
Joe Favazzo, spokesman for the Chandler Police Department, said 33-year-old Cesar Garcia was arrested Sunday morning for having an open container at a store near north Alma School Road and Warner Road.
He was released with a citation for the misdemeanor crime. According to police, Garcia then hopped into a parked ambulance and drove it to his home in Guadalupe.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help