Police arrest driver in speed lap around Manhattan
The driver posted the video to Youtube, which shows him lap the city in 24 minutes
NEW YORK — New York City police have arrested the driver who they say posted an Internet video of himself speeding around Manhattan in just over 24 minutes.
Police have charged 30-year-old Christopher Adam Tang with reckless driving, reckless endangerment and other charges. Police also seized his 2006 BMW Z4.
The video was posted on Aug. 28. A camera mounted on the dashboard shows the car traveling along the 26.4-mile (42.5-kilometer) loop, while stopping for six red lights.
Electronic dance music provides the soundtrack as a stopwatch superimposed on the screen keeps time: 24 minutes and 7 seconds.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help