Calif. police employee seriously injured in collision with cruiser
The motorcycle cop was seriously injured but is expected to survive
By Katie Nelson
The Oakland Tribune
FREMONT — A Fremont police civilian employee suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries when her motorcycle collided with a Fremont police patrol car and a truck Friday evening, authorities said.
The sequence of events leading to the crash was not immediately known, according to Fremont police spokeswoman Geneva Bosques. The driver of the truck and the police officer in the patrol car were not injured.
The 29-year-old woman, an employee with the department for the past 18 months, was taken to a hospital and is expected to survive, Bosques added.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court