Video: Uncuffed suspect jumps from moving cruiser
Eric Simmons wasn't in restraints and the window was rolled down when he escaped a moving cruiser
By PoliceOne Staff
DAYTON, Ohio — In-car video caught the moment a burglary suspect managed to open the back door of a Dayton police cruiser and jump out, hitting the pavement hard and being subdued again by police almost immediately.
Eric Simmons, 42, was being transported to the safety building to be interviewed when he reached out of the rear window, opened the door, and hopped out of the cruiser, according to WHIOTV.com.
According to an incident report, Simmons was not cuffed and the window was open.
Simmons was apprehended and taken to the hospital for scrapes and bruises, but refused treatment, according to the report.
He was booked on charges of escape, resisting arrest, and burglary.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend