2 Ohio officers injured in head-on crash
A father and son were also hurt in the accident; no injuries are life-threatening
The Akron Beacon Journal
AKRON, Ohio — Two Akron police officers were injured early Friday when their cruiser collided head-on with a minivan on East Avenue.
A man and his son inside the Chrysler Town and Country were also injured. All four crash victims suffered nonlife-threatening injuries and were being treated at area hospitals.
Police said the crash happened about 5:30 a.m. while the officers were traveling south on East Avenue en route to a burglary call on 17th Street Southwest. Police said the minivan driver was northbound on East Avenue and made a left turn in front of the cruiser.
Police said the crash remains under investigation. Names of those involved were not immediately released pending notification of family, police said.
Copyright 2013 the Akron Beacon Journal
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash