Police make another arrest in biker attack on NYC driver
Police say the 28-year-old Brooklyn man was among a group of bikers who chased an SUV for miles
NEW YORK — Another biker is under arrest in connection with a mob attack on an SUV driver during a motorcycle rally in New York City.
Kaliq Douglas was charged Friday evening with gang assault. Police say the 28-year-old Brooklyn man was among a group of bikers who chased an SUV for miles after a Sept. 29 encounter on a Manhattan highway.
Amateur video shows the bikers forcing the SUV to halt then surrounding it on foot. The driver says he feared for his life and plowed through the crowd, running over and gravely injuring one motorcyclist.
Bikers gave chase, then pulled the driver from the vehicle and beat him.
Several riders have been arrested, including an off-duty police officer.
Douglas was in custody. It wasn't clear if he had a lawyer.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house