Video: Dust devil vandalizes Conn. cruiser
What police assumed was a vandal turned out to be a ghostly dust storm
HARTFORD, Conn. — Police in Hartford, Connecticut have discovered that when it comes to investigating apparent crimes, the most obvious solution isn't always the right one.
Investigating who was behind the breaking of a police vehicle's wing mirror while it was in the Hartford Police Department carpark, police made an unexpected discovery — Mother Nature was to blame.
A mini-tornado, known as a dust devil, had sprung up right on top of the officer's car, ripping off the wing mirror, tossing it about a bit then dropping it right next to the car's door.
Full Story: VIDEO: Dust devil vandalizes police car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help