Ky. trooper injured, man killed in crash
The trooper was responding to a call about an accident in which another officer's wife was involved
By John Ross
WHITLEY COUNTY, Ky. — A state trooper is injured and another man is dead after a crash Wednesday afternoon at the intersection of U.S. 25W, Brays Chapel and Shiner Church roads.
According to Whitley County Sheriff Colan Harrell, the Kentucky State Police trooper, who has yet to be identified, was responding to another two-car crash on U.S. 25W that involved another state trooper's wife.
The responding trooper's vehicle left the road in the crash and hit a tree. His injuries aren't known.
In the crash to which the trooper was responding, an unidentified driver was flown to the hospital for her injuries. The trooper's wife appeared uninjured but she was also transported by Whitley County EMS for treatment.
The highway remains shut down.
Copyright 2013 The Times-Tribune
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Mass. police end 'High Five Friday' at schools after complaints
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department