Video: Iowa man rams cruiser in pick-up, drives off
An Iowa cop was attempting to make a traffic stop because the motorist had driven through a stop sign
By Forrest Saunders
DYERSVILLE, Iowa — Authorities said they know who was driving a pickup that rammed a police car during a brief chase in Dyersville Thursday morning.
Dash-cam video from the responding officer's vehicle shows the Dyersville police officer tried to pull over the black truck for running a stop sign just before 10:00 a.m. Thursday.
The driver kept going, and hit a car at the Fourth Street and Fourth Avenue Southeast, police said. The driver then backed the pick-up into the patrol car, disabling it, and drove off. No one was hurt.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds