Video: Iowa man rams cruiser in pick-up, drives off
An Iowa cop was attempting to make a traffic stop because the motorist had driven through a stop sign
By Forrest Saunders
DYERSVILLE, Iowa — Authorities said they know who was driving a pickup that rammed a police car during a brief chase in Dyersville Thursday morning.
Dash-cam video from the responding officer's vehicle shows the Dyersville police officer tried to pull over the black truck for running a stop sign just before 10:00 a.m. Thursday.
The driver kept going, and hit a car at the Fourth Street and Fourth Avenue Southeast, police said. The driver then backed the pick-up into the patrol car, disabling it, and drove off. No one was hurt.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court