3 Chicago officers injured in collision
The officers were injured when an SUV collided with their squad car
CHICAGO — Three police officers were injured when an SUV collided with their squad car in the Northwest Side's Old Irving Park neighborhood, authorities said.
About 11 p.m., the southbound SUV was making a left turn in the 3800 block of North Pulaski Road when it struck the unmarked squad car, which was traveling north, Police News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro said.
Three officers were taken to hospitals with minor injuries.
The driver of the SUV, who declined medical treatment, was cited for lacking insurance, negligent driving, failing to reduce speed and failing to yield the right of way during a left turn.
Copyright 2014 the Chicago Tribune
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house