3 Chicago officers injured in collision
The officers were injured when an SUV collided with their squad car
CHICAGO — Three police officers were injured when an SUV collided with their squad car in the Northwest Side's Old Irving Park neighborhood, authorities said.
About 11 p.m., the southbound SUV was making a left turn in the 3800 block of North Pulaski Road when it struck the unmarked squad car, which was traveling north, Police News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro said.
Three officers were taken to hospitals with minor injuries.
The driver of the SUV, who declined medical treatment, was cited for lacking insurance, negligent driving, failing to reduce speed and failing to yield the right of way during a left turn.
Copyright 2014 the Chicago Tribune
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms