Video: SFPD motorcycle unit trains with dirtbikes
The SFPD Honda unit gives the course on how to patrol areas that are inaccessible to police vehicles
SAN FRANCISCO — In this intense two week motorcycle training course, outside police agencies frequently request the SFPD Honda Unit (SFPD’s dirt bike unit) to train their dirt bike/ dual sport motorcycle officers.
The SFPD Honda unit gives the course on how to patrol areas that are inaccessible to police vehicles. They start off with a basic cones course where they teach them how to ride slowly and balance the motorcycle. During the cones course training, each day gets and bit tougher and tougher.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help