Video: Mysterious pursuit ends in high-speed crash
Police still aren't sure why a woman fled a traffic stop at speeds reaching 90 mph before losing control of her vehicle
By PoliceOne Staff
DELHI TWP., Mich. — Police are still puzzled as to why a Lansing woman led police on a brief high-speed pursuit before crashing into a utility pole, after discovering drugs and alcohol weren’t factors in the incident.
Officials released dashcam Wednesday that shows an Ingham County officer turn his squad around to pursue a vehicle after it speeds passed, according to Lansing State Journal.
The unidentified 43-year-old driver fled police, reaching 90 mph and lost control of the vehicle after running through a red light at an intersection and crashed into a utility pole.
Delhi firefighters had to extract the woman from her vehicle. She is recovering at a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The crash is still under investigation.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend