Photos: LAPD adds Lamborghini to fleet
Officer Sally Madera says that the car is privately owned and will be loaned to police for "charity events and recruitment"
LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Police Department is getting a Lamborghini.
But don't expect to see the exotic Italian sports car — decked out with police decals and painted black and white — pursuing fugitive drivers down the city's freeways.
Officer Sally Madera says that the car is privately owned and will be loaned to police for "charity events and recruitment."
KNBC-TV reports that Nathalie and Travis Marg of a Los Angeles-based telecommunications company called Light Source 1, Inc., donated the use of their car to support the department's air support team.
According to Lamborghini's website, the 2014 model of the car has a top speed of 199 mph.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper