Ark. officer killed in crash
An Arkansas officer was killed Monday in a three-vehicle collision
Duty Death: Pete Richardson - [Arkansas]
End of Service: 03/17/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
LEWISVILLE, Ark. — An Arkansas officer was killed Monday in a three-vehicle collision.
According to the Texarkana Gazette, Chief Deputy Sheriff Pete Richardson was traveling in an SUV patrol vehicle with a passenger when the collision occurred. Richardson was driving westbound when he collided with another vehicle. Both vehicles then hit a tractor-trailor rig.
Richardson was pronounced dead at the scene. Richardson’s passenger and both drivers of the other vehicles involved have been transported to the hospital.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds