Video: Texas teen tickets officer
Annie James, 14, got upset when she spotted a patrol car parked on a curb that was painted red
By Jennifer Bauer
Click 2 Houston
BAYTOWN, Texas — Annie James, 14, lives at the Bay Oaks Apartment complex. She got upset when she spotted a patrol car parked on a curb that was painted red and was designated as a "no parking" zone. Officer Tommy King, with the Baytown Police Department, patrols the apartment complex and keeps the criminals away. On this particular day, he parked his car next to the leasing office.
"I came to get my car and I saw a piece of paper on my windshield," King said. "I took it off, read it and started laughing."
James asked the officer to pay a $10 fine to the manager. At that moment he decided he was going to pay up, but in a better way. He bought James a $20 gift card to Toys "R" Us. The store matched his contribution and put in $20, too.
Full Story: Teen tickets Baytown officer for violation
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend