Ky. sheriff's deputy killed in crash
Ernest Franklin, 58, was driving east when he drove off the right shoulder, striking an embankment
Duty Death: Ernest Franklin - [Barren County, Kentucky]
End of Service: 04/03/2014
By Justin Madden
BARREN COUNTY, Ky. — A Barren County sheriff's deputy died in a wreck on Wednesday night.
Ernest Franklin, 58, of Glasgow, was driving east on Ky. 90 when he drove off the right shoulder, striking an embankment and a tree stump and stopping in a pond, according to a Kentucky State Police news release.
Franklin was pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday in Louisville.
According to Barren County Sheriff Kent Keen, Franklin was on duty at the time of the crash.
Copyright 2014 the Lexington Herald-Leader
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help