Video: Jaywalker slams into Ga. cop's cruiser
Woman was not seriously injured
By Alexis Stevens
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
SNELLVILLE, Ga. — It's only a 16-second video. But if you've ever tried to run across a busy road — or had to slam on the breaks to avoid hitting someone — it's worth watching.
A Snellville police officer was turning a corner when a woman attempted to cross Wisteria Drive, just north of U.S. 78, on Wednesday afternoon, not far from South Gwinnett High School, according to police. The woman, whose name was not released, was not seriously injured.
But the video, posted on the Snellville Police Department's Facebook page, shows it could have been much worse.
"Use this as an opportunity to show your kids that cutting between cars can result in terrible consequences," the department posted. "If there is no crosswalk available, then they should cross at an intersection.
At least that way they are in front of all the cars."
The woman shown in the video is not in a crosswalk nor an intersection. The police department said a crosswalk is planned in the area.
Copyright 2014 The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help