Police: Man crashes into CNN Center in downtown Atlanta
Atlanta police officer John Chafee says the driver is being charged with driving under the influence, reckless driving and marijuana possession
ATLANTA — A motorist is facing charges after police say he crashed a car into a lobby at CNN Center, the news network's headquarters in downtown Atlanta.
Authorities say the Mercedes Benz shattered the glass entryway on the building's north side around 4:15 a.m. Friday. It came to rest in the middle of the lobby, several yards away from any of CNN's offices.
Atlanta police officer John Chafee says the driver is being charged with driving under the influence, reckless driving and marijuana possession. Chafee said the driver, whose name wasn't released, told police he had smoked marijuana earlier.
Chafee said there were no reported injuries.
By 7 a.m., workers were sweeping up glass shards. A section of glass of around 10 feet high and about 15 feet long was completely gone.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman