3 teens killed in hit-and-run crash in Texas
Houston police say a white Chrysler was speeding and ran a red light, hitting a blue Chevrolet
HOUSTON — Police are looking for two people suspected of fleeing a Houston car crash in which three teenagers were killed.
KPRC-TV reports the accident occurred around 2:30 a.m. Saturday on a freeway feeder road in the southeast part of the city.
Houston police say a white Chrysler was speeding and ran a red light, hitting a blue Chevrolet. Six teenagers were inside the Chevrolet when it spun on impact, hitting a light pole. Police say the teens were on their way home from a party.
Police say two teenage boys and one teenage girl died at the scene of the crash. Three other teens were rushed to a hospital.
Police have not ruled alcohol use out as a factor. They say the occupants of the Chrysler fled on foot.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper