LAPD gets military-grade stealth motorcycle
Bike is currently being used by the LAPD off-road unit, which patrols mountain terrain and other locations not accessible to police vehicles or trucks
By Kevin Truong
NBC Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES — The description of the LAPD’s new pilot project sounds more like a cat.
It’s black, quiet and able to sneak up behind people without them noticing.
But the department isn’t expanding its animal division, instead they’ve recently purchased a Zero MMX, a specially built military-grade electric motorcycle. The bike is currently being used by the LAPD off-road unit, which patrols mountain terrain and other locations not accessible to police vehicles or trucks, said Sgt. Rob Alberca, the officer in charge of the unit.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman