Video: Ohio cop pulls suicidal man from freeway during traffic stop
Patrolman Matt Beck had just pulled over the suspected drunk driver when the man bolted into traffic
NORTH OLMSTED, Ohio — Patrolman Matt Beck had just pulled over a suspected drunk driver last week, when the man bolted into traffic on I-480.
"He really couldn't believe what he was seeing at the time. It didn’t take him long to jump into action and help this guy out," said Sgt. Bob Wagner of North Olmsted Police.
But the biggest complication in the rescue was the man pleading "just kill me" as he stood in the highway, as if he wanted to get hit by a car.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help