Drunk gets in unmarked Pa. police car with officers inside
Police say the woman sat in the driver's seat and told the two plainclothes officers that she intended to drive the vehicle to where she was parked
PITTSBURGH — Pittsburgh police say a drunken woman tried to drive away in an unmarked police car — with two officers still inside.
According to a criminal complaint, 32-year-old Ria Buford got into the car at about 2:15 a.m. Saturday outside a nightclub that was hosting a party after the Wiz Khalifa concert.
Police say she sat in the driver's seat and told the two plainclothes officers in the back that she intended to drive the vehicle to where her own was parked.
Police say Buford was arrested before she could drive anywhere. A man who intervened in her arrest was also charged.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Buford. She faces a preliminary hearing Thursday on charges of robbery of a motor vehicle, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds