Armed robber forces Amish horse-drawn buggy off road
The buggy was carrying three people early Monday morning when a white minivan pulled into its path and forced it to stop
LANCASTER, Pa. — Police say someone forced an Amish horse and buggy off a central Pennsylvania road to pull an armed robbery.
Lancaster Newspapers reports the buggy was carrying three people early Monday morning when a white minivan pulled into its path and forced it to stop.
East Lampeter police say a masked man demanded money, after which the three threw their wallets to him.
The buggy driver then drove into a field to get away. No one was injured.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds