Texas constable killed in crash
A Texas officer was killed instantly after his car left the road and struck a concrete culvert
Duty Death: Cleve Johnson - [Titus County, Texas]
End of Service: 08/28/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
TITUS COUNTY, Texas — A Texas officer was killed instantly after his car left the road and struck a concrete culvert.
According to KSLA, Constable Cleve Johnson, 57, was driving in his patrol car when he crashed.
"He had that distinct voice where whenever he walked into a building everybody knew it was Cleve; he was always a character you might say. Me being a young rookie deputy, he took me under his wing. Showed me how to work cases," Lieutenant Chris Bragg told KSLA.
Johnson worked in law enforcement for 34 years. He had worked as a constable since 1997, according to the report.
ODMP reports Johnson is survived by his wife, two daughters, and two grandchildren.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds