Video: Cop suffers medical condition, crashes squad
The identity of the officer and details of the crash have not been released
By John Tunison
BYRON TOWNSHIP, MI — A March dashcam video from a Kent County sheriff's deputy's cruiser shows a dramatic crash — the cruiser plowing into parked vehicles after the deputy suffered a medical problem.
The identity of the deputy who crashed has not been released. Four vehicles were damaged in the crash. According to a police report, witnesses said the deputy acted confused and disoriented after the crash and his foot was still on the gas pedal, causing the tires to spin.
County attorneys stated the following: "In order to protect the privacy of the officer undergoing a medical condition and that of his family members, the officer's face in the video recording from the dashcam and the audio recording in the video of the officer's voice reflecting his distress, which is graphic in nature, has been redacted."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform