Kathy Vonk: Using Competition as a Training Tool
Kathy Vonk, police officer and Lead Fitness Instructor at Washtenaw Community College Police Academy, encourages you to use small competitions and games as part of academy training to help recruits enjoy the workout and learn practical skills.
Visit the PoliceOne Recruiting Research Topic
About Kathleen Vonk:
Kathleen Vonk has been a certified police officer in the state of Michigan since 1988. She is an adjunct instructor for Team One Network teaching officer survival skills courses, and has taught survival and pistol courses for Heckler & Koch International Training Division (H&K). She is a certified firearms instructor, H&K Pistol Instructor, RedMan Simulation Training Instructor, Simunition Supervisor, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist(CSCS) by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), Health Promotion Director by the Cooper Institute, and is an FTO for her agency. She is a former NCAA Division I and II athlete in the sports of volleyball and softball. Learn more at loukatactical.com.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman