Chief Tim Goergen: Building a Police Organization with a Mentoring Approach
Dave Smith talks with Police Chief Tim Goergen about the tough task of replacing a police Chief in the instance that something may happen to the Chief or the Chief may retire. He discusses how to come up with a transition plan and the best way to mentor and train the incoming Chief. It is essential to look at this with a mentoring mentality in order to continue to build a strong organization.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman