Reality Training: Elderly Woman with Knife
The elderly can present law enforcers with some tough, and often ambiguous, issues. You may encounter an elderly individual with dementia or one who is very seriously infirm. In this PoliceOne TV Reality Training segment hosted by Dave Smith — Senior Street Survival Seminar Instructor and the Director of Video Training for the Calibre Press Training Network — we see some of the things you might encounter during contact with an elderly person who is not only armed, but in a heightened emotional state and surrounded by a hostile crowd of citizens.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman