Michael Janich: Defending Against an Edged Weapon Attack
Betsy Brantner-Smith sits down to speak with Michael Janich of Spyderco about defending yourself in the case of an edged weapon attack. Michael explains that "knifers" are going to attack you in the way they find the most convenient for them. He has looked at the counterknife tactics of other cultures to come up with advice for both uniformed and correctional officers.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman