Dealing with Pregnancy in Law Enforcement
Betsy Brantner-Smith touches on a sensitive subject that affects many female cops around the world. It is important to make sure your agency not only has a maternity policy but also a pregnancy policy in place. Light duty is often an option for pregnant police officers but it is crucial to know and understand how your agency operates. Betsy gives advice on how to deal with these issues.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds