Md. woman takes step toward the world of the SWAT team
Officer jumps hurdle in seeking to be county's 1st woman on select police team
By Melissa Harris
The Baltimore Sun
In the end, Kayser, 27, was the only Howard County officer to graduate from the most recent training program after the other four suffered injuries.
In doing so, she became the first woman from her department to attempt or accomplish the feat, an important step toward joining the prestigious unit, which handles the county's most explosive situations and has no female members.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend