In Boston, female recruits are in demand
Police chiefs cite need for gender balance
By John Laidler
BOSTON, Mass. — Believing they need greater gender balance to address crime issues relating to women, two area police departments are actively seeking to expand the ranks of their female police officers.
Both Danvers and Peabody are pursuing civil service hiring options and stepped-up recruitment efforts to bring more women onto their forces.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: In Boston, female recruits are in demand
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house